MUIR: To execute the key points of the Rockefeller document strategy, the group commenced a decade-long campaign to taint the world’s image of Canada, and turn Canadians against each other ... it was a brilliant success
- they would stop the expansion of pipelines and other infrastructure
- they would forcibly cause reforms to the governance of “water, toxics and land.”
- they would “significantly reduce future demand” for oil sands product
- Next, they would leverage the debate to policy victories in both the US and Canada
- Finally, they would persuade policymakers that oil wasn’t going to be needed in the future because we’d have electric cars.
|Stewart Muir of Resource Works|