Alberta’s Budget 2019 plans to create jobs, grow the economy and protect vital services. Meantime BC’s NDP government continues to see non-existing retail space taxed, and fails the economy and resource industry
|Alberta Finance Minister Travis Toews|
- providing new funding for innovation
- building investor confidence and improves global competitiveness
- protecting funding for health and education, as well as increased funding for mental health, addictions and social supports
- a reduction of spending by 2.8 per cent over four years, and a balanced budget by 2022-23
- taking action on a financial situation that costs Albertans $5 million a day in interest to big banks and threatens to burden our children
- implementing the TIER program to support climate initiatives
- introducing the Alberta Indigenous Opportunities Corporation ... and ...
- investing to create the Heroes Fund and Veterans Scholarship
Yesterday (October 23rd) Todd Stone, MLA for Kamloops - South Thompson and Opposition Critic for Municipal Affairs and Housing introduced a bill in the legislature that will enable local governments to reduce property taxes on unused airspace above current small businesses through a new commercial property sub-class.
It’s time to end that ... it’s time to get industry and small business back on its feet again.