FORSETH -- Today was to have shed light on the entire situation – not that any of us expected it to happen – despite the best attempts of the NDP’s Charlie Angus, and Conservative Finance Critic Pierre Poilievre
This afternoon, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau came before the Finance Committee to answer questions about the #WECharity ... and the ensuing chaos that came about as a result of the government handing over nearly ONE BILLION DOLLARS ($900 million) to the WE Charity, before the contract was cancelled.
In the ensuing weeks, we have heard of multiple instances of the family of Justin Trudeau having various roles, and participating in events WE held ... and the same for the governments Finance Minister, Bill Morneau.
Today was to have shed light on the entire situation – not that any of us expected that would happen – despite the best attempts of the NDP’s Charlie Angus ... and the Conservative Finance Critic Pierre Poilievre.
I made seven comments as I watched the 90-minute exchange on the Canadian Parliamentary Channel (CPaC) ...
BEGINNING WITH ...
- OMG. the Finance Committee gas given #JustinTrudeau at least 10 minutes of "Boy
our government is great" bullshit. #SkippyMustGo #cdnpoli
- Isn't #SkippyMustGo supposed to be explaining /
apologizing for his extremely daft decision to use #WE given the direct involvement of his family? #cdnpoli
- Does #SkippyMustGo seriously expect us to believe he
didn't know what hotel his wife stayed at, in London, for her appearance at a #WECharity event. I call LIE #cdnpoli
- I should have ... I didn’t ... I regret. Why is #JustinTrudeau always apologizing for his screw
ups over and over again. #SkippyMustGo. #cdnpoli
- Just wondering why is it #JustinTrudeau wants to take responsible for all
the good stuff to do with shoveling billions out in programs & grants. Not so
much however when accountability has to be explained for screwups. You're
responsible Justin & that's why #SkippyMustGo
- How much...how much ...I'm looking for a dollar
figure? You haven't done an answer so far" ... says #PierrePoilievre. No surprise but #JustinTrudeau is not / will not answering :(
AND ENDING WITH ...
- The House Finance Committee Chair says he is going to give #JustinTrudeau a chance to answer. Too bad that Trudeau refuses to answer any/all questions
Like I said, we were to get answer this afternoon, at least that's what we were informed would be happening -- that however, definitely did not happen.
PS ... I shouldn’t have used it, and so I apologize for my juvenile comment #SkippyMustGo