Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

I am encouraged by this news -- and I like the description of the (BC) Liberals as the coalition of chaos



On Monday (October 2nd) I posted on social media, rumors that the BC Conservatives might be announcing an Interim Leader.  That did indeed come true at 7am this morning.

The Executive and Board of the BC Conservative Party announced that Vernon City Councillor, and four term BC Conservative board member, Scott Anderson would take on the role.



Vernon City Councillor Scott Anderson
has been announced as the new BC 
Conservative Party Interim Leader
In an early morning media release, Anderson was quoted stating:
"Having been on the inside through both the hard times and the good times, I can say with complete candor that I have never seen the party so united and energetic as it is now. My intention is to help brand the party as a home for all fiscal conservatives, including the thousands of former BC Liberals who were betrayed and left out in the cold by the recent Liberal Throne Speech."



He continued, "I believe that this is the time for all small ‘c’ conservatives to unite, no longer abandoning your core beliefs for an alleged ‘coalition’ that will do and say anything for your vote."



After hitting Social Media online this morning at 7am with this announcement, former BC Conservative member, candidate, and board member, Ben Besler (also a writer on this blog) commented:



With the split the vote argument being destroyed by the Liberals in the last election, I know BC is ripe for new ideas; but is it ready to bring in a new official party to the legislature? I don't know. And what of Dianne Watts bid for leader of the BC Liberals? Is she not the voice that conservatives have been looking for?



Another fellow writer to this blog, Sandy Mcdougall also stated:
Diane Watts is not my choice but I wish her well should she become leader of the B.C. Liberal Party.



Remarking specifically to Ben, I commented:

I think BC is ready for a party, whatever it's name, that will bring integrity back -- and one that is NOT the coalition of chaos. I have fingers crossed its the BC Conservative Party.

Leah McCulloch (
former BC Conservative MLA candidate for Comox Cowichan) said it right, "I ran because I wanted to hold the Liberals accountable and that’s exactly what’s happened. They will have to look at themselves, how they have governed and how they have treated people. And that’s a good thing.”

As did Chloe Ellis with "What is our vision for the province? We need to excite … and inspire”

All that aside, I think you just wrote the first paragraph of you next post. Look forward to reading it later today
.

To which Ben of course sent a smiley face.  HEY BEN, I'm still waiting  :) back at you.




Continuing on the post, Sandy came back to say,

"Although I am still reluctantly clinging to my status as belonging to no provincial party, I am encouraged by this news. I like Alan's description of the Liberals as the coalition of chaos."

I'd love top take credit for that, and unfortunately I wrongly attributed it to Chloe Ellis the other day, however it apparently came from Provincial and Federal Conservative Board member Peter Ker.



I also wish to state here and now ... and actually once again ... how I completely fail to understand how ANY federal Conservative could, or would, associate themselves with the BC Liberals. 



The BC Liberal Party, despite any and all protestations, has always been more allied at the top with federal Liberals rather than the Conservatives.



Dianne Watts abandons constituents of South 
Surrey - White Rock just months after being 
elected. Sounds like A BC Liberal who also just
abandoned their constituents in Kelowna Westside
And this was especially so during the leadership of Christy Clark.



For true small 'c' conservative in BC, Dianne Watts will (and IS believe) losing credibility -- much the same as Stockwell Day did.  Conservatives are NOT Liberals ... nor, especially in BC, are Liberals Conservative.   

AND ... one more comment for the BC Conservative Party.  Please do not simply focus on being fiscal conservatives.  The people of BC will need to know what benefits there are to a government that is fiscally conservative (or responsible as I prefer to say).   

Again this is simply MY OPINION, however conservatives need to show that it does actually allow for people that offer a real hand up (not hand-out) to those in need ... that being fiscally responsible will allow them to build schools and hire teachers ... and that being fiscally responsible will allow improvements, with far more ease, to the health requirements of all British Columbians.



And those are just the basics.



BC has NO NEED for a new centrist party ... or another centre-left party.  Once the GreeNDP has shown itself to be fiscally irresponsible, this province should not hand over the keys of the legislature to the BC Liberal coalition of chaos.

BC will need a fiscally responsible party, with a platform that clearly shows how, and why, supporting them will benefit the people of BC.  That party should, and can, be the BC Conservatives.



What thoughts do you have on the matter?  Do you agree or disagree?  The floors yours, and I'd love to hear from you!

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth.

Comments

  1. What BC needs is Right Wing Conservative(Libertarian) party that believes in Freedom and Liberty not Safety and Security, A Limited Provincial Government, Reduced Income Taxes and NO CARBON TAX, A Free/Open Market for Timber Supplies, not the current the Corporatism Volume model that reduces employment,utilization and the value of remaining Timber Supplies. We need a brave leader that will advocate a new Public/Private Healthcare system that will reduce the burden on the Taxpayer and deliver services in a efficient manner. Its Time to "break up" ICBC and privatize vehicle insurance and limit the Liabilty/Insurance quagmire- before-legal costs become unsustainable and out of control. We need a leader that can effectively advocate Freedom instead of intrusive government, free markets for natural resources not limits and quota's and and a Leader that can reduce bureaucracy, eliminate enviro fee's(that do nothing to help the environment, and over-regulation- More Laws,by-laws, regulations, fee's and Taxes WILL not make us a Moral Society- just look at what the unwinnable "War on Drugs" has brought us too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more