Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

A conversation with Sean and I ... and an Announcement From Me



The other day a BC political acquaintance, Sean Upshaw, and I had an online / offline conversation.  This followed up on my blog post of Saturday July 29th entitled, "Well Christy Clark never did move there -- and poor Sean never had a chance to sell her a house either"

Sean good naturedly (I hope) took exception to my title for the post and responded to me by saying:

For the record, Sean Upshaw is not poor in anyway. I would have declined to sell her a house any ways as I prefer to work with people who are sincere. Having said that I wish her luck in her next endeavour.

Maybe now the party to the right of centre can find someone who is not affiliated with Trudeau to lead them.


Hmmmm ... I said to myself, 'Is he referring to the BC Liberals being right of center?? ... or ...?? '.  And so I asked him:

I'm interested by the wording on your comment Sean ... the party to the 'right of centre' can find someone who is.  Would you / do you call the BC Liberals a party to centre right -- and if so, is it only because there is currently no true centre right party (in name and policy) prepared at the moment to present an alternative to voters? 

I ask this because I believe that Christy and the BC Liberals have governed, despite protests to the contrary, to the centre-left.


Back came Sean stating:
I like you consider the BC Liberals left, as you said, under Christy Clark. There are a few true Conservatives in the BC Liberals. The reference was a general one with no real party affiliation being endorsed.

Unfortunately the BC Conservatives have totally buffooned any chance of being taken serious. I think Michael Henshall (Socred candidate in May for the riding of Fraser Nicola) is on the right (pun intended) path.  I think the only Credible Hope for BC is to resurrect the Socreds.

This of course could change if a very high profile Conservative took over the helm of the BC Liberals, but then that would trigger an automatic name change.


Interesting comment about the Socreds, however I did explore that over a year ago, and so I said:


I do not believe there is any chance of resurrecting the Socreds. I spoke with Michael a couple times, during the election, regarding the person who I will refer to as the 'gatekeeper' for the Social Credit party ... and even offered to help / assist as well.

I do not believe this individual truly wants to allow anyone to have a say, or role, in the party.  They are, again in my opinion, extremely protective of it's past. That leaves very little room for it to have a chance, or to have a future.

Michael has not said anything as such to me, however my own past attempts to engage the 'gatekeeper', on a revival of the party, led me to believe they have no intentions of a future for party.  Protecting the glory days of the past is what is most important to them, and not having the name tarnished.


Sean came back stating:
The past that they are trying to protect is exactly what the Province needs.

Understanding the core beliefs of Social Credit philosophy, and being able to promote it properly, would be the catalyst to taking enough votes away from the BC Liberals and the GreeNDP.

I am talking about taking it back to Bible Bill and Ernest Manning's days. Truthfully the name is not as important as the philosophy.


'Core beliefs' sounded interesting to me, and so I asked Sean, 'How would 'you' describe the core beliefs of Socred philosophy?"


To which he responded:
The resources of the Province (Credit) are applied to the needs of the Citizens. (Social) this is why they created Crown Corporations


Simple and succinct -- I like that.  But I still do not believe that the Social Credit gatekeeper is going to permit the party to once again have a rebirth across the province.


Sean did add a bit more though -- and I'm glad he did as it gives good context to his thoughts:

Understand that I am not a socialist in any way. I do however believe that the province, and all its assets, belong to the people not solely to corporations. So what I am proposing is 3 P partnerships where the Province is always the majority stakeholder.

What you end up with is a hybrid type of free enterprise. A corporation can come in with their money and make a profit, but the province will always have a share of it to be put towards running the province. The Government needs to be run like a business as well meaning it is lean and mean. But under this style of thinking there will always be enough revenue to make sure the province is in the black not the red.

These so-called balanced budgets have been nothing more than a tax shell game, designed to support the corruption of the BC Liberal Party.

I definitely agree with Sean's last statement that ... these so-called balanced budgets have been nothing more than a tax shell game, designed to support the corruption of the BC Liberal Party. 

With that said however, there seems to be only one other choice, with name recognition, that can possibly have a hope of returning politics to the people of BC -- rather than having it run from the backrooms by the political elite. 

And now a confession must be made because just a short time ago (prior to completing this post), I received an invitation to rejoin the BC Conservative Party ... I have done so.

Those who know me will understand that my heart has always been with the BC Conservatives.  I hope that the corner has been turned on past difficulties.  Let the rebuild begin!

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth.  The floors yours now, so let's hear from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more