BC Taxpayers to fund 5,000+ new child-care and after-school program spaces ... as well bursaries for early childhood educators
- Create spaces for infants and toddlers, the type of spaces for which there is highest demand throughout the province.
- Create spaces on school grounds, where children can smoothly transition from early years programs, to the classroom, to after-school care.
- Create spaces that are co-located with other family-support programs in community-based settings, including BC Early Years Centres, recreation centres and family-resource programs.
- Create child-care spaces in Indigenous communities.
- Create spaces in the work place, where employers can support their employees by providing child-care resources on-site.
- Create child-care spaces in child development centres that support children with special needs.