Leona Alleslev, Conservative Deputy leader and Foreign Affairs Shadow Minister, amongst group calling on government to take further action on critical COVID-19 medical equipment shortages
|Leona Allesley, Deputy leader of the|
Conservative Party of Canada
- Leona Alleslev ... Deputy Leader of Canada’s Conservatives and of the Official Opposition and Shadow Cabinet Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Matt Jeneroux ... Shadow Cabinet Minister for Health
- Kelly Block ... Shadow Cabinet Minister for Public Services and Procurement ... and
- James Bezan ... Shadow Cabinet Minister for National Defence, issued the following statement:
- Publish the full list of COVID-19 critical medical equipment and related supplies and add them to the Controlled Goods List governed by the Controlled Goods Program. This will provide much needed clarity to industry.
- Work with the provinces and territories to contract with suppliers, guarantee order quantities, ensure that the listed items can be manufactured in Canada, and protect supply chains to ensure a continued availability of raw materials and all sub – component elements
- Allocate these critical items at a fair price, and appropriately across the country by priority and need ... and
- Formally negotiate a reciprocal agreement with the United States for critical medical items and related supplies to ensure Canada’s requirements are fulfilled on a relative priority basis. Canada must ensure that our contribution to the North American supply chain for these critical items also preserves and protects the health and safety of Canadians.