Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

It will NOT WORK. And furthermore, I believe it will ONLY INFLICT FURTHER DAMAGE TO THE BC CONSERVATIVE BRAND



This mornings political email avalanche was indeed an avalanche, as always, and it included one from the BC Conservative Party. 

 

The Subject line?  "Electorally enfranchised or no?"

 

I thought, that's an interesting, what are they up to now?  Turns out I had been made aware of the topic awhile back, in a basic general discussion.  Still I am, and was, surprised that it came to pass.

Here is a copy of today's email.



Bob Bray, candidates
What do I think?  Well, first off, it will not be much of a stealth campaign because everyone is now aware of their intentions. 

I also have to say however, that the individual that I discussed this idea with, a few weeks back, probably had the best of intention -- however it will NOT work.  And furthermore, I believe it will ONLY INFLICT FURTHER DAMAGE TO THE BC CONSERVATIVE BRAND.

The BC Conservatives plan is to endorse individuals.  It's unclear from the email I received however, whether they are actually to be BC Conservative candidates.  If discussions previously are what I think this plan is about, then these individuals will actually be running as Independents.  They will however be endorsed by the party.

As you can see, the only support they will have is by being included on the party website (I suspect there will be a separate section for endorsed rather than official candidates), but after that they are on their own ... no campaign signs, no campaign office ... no advertisements.

Having been part of a doomed campaign from the outset, as the Campaign Manager for B C Conservative Candidate Peter Sharp in Kamloops South Thompson, it actually doesn't sound a lot different from the 2013 election campaign actually.  After the party imploded, we were pretty much on our own to try and be a credible option.


As most (all?) of you are aware, I have not been part of the BC Conservative Party for quite some time now.  Still I honestly have a deep down desire that sometime (hopefully before I die) they can indeed become a realistic option for BC voters.

To twist the subject line of the BC Conservative email this morning ... British Columbians are disenfranchised when it comes to have a true small 'c' conservative option to vote for.  Endorsing independent candidates however is NOT the way to go for this election.

It will only ensure that the thinned ranks, within the party, will not have the opportunity to full vet, and then endorse, those who apply.

It will leave the party wide open to an individuals interpretation of party policy, with no control over them.

Media comments made by this individuals, to news reporters, will ultimately be reported as a valid viewpoint of the party, regardless of how crazy it might be.

Individuals in the midst of a campaign, with no support from the party, will feel total adrift and abandoned (see my above comment about 2013 campaign). 

That will likely lead to nonconstructive, and pessimistic, comments being made in social media about the experience they are going through.

Here's my message to Bob Bray, Director of candidate support for the BC Conservative Party ... PULL THIS PLAN BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this idea, please feel free to add they to the comment section below.

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth. 

Comments

  1. Thanks Alan. This "policy" smacks of desperation. If I were a BC liberal supporter, I would sign up...become the biggest racist, womanizer and whatever negative word I would come up with and totally sink the BC Conservatives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more