KAMLOOPS to receive grant from the Mental Health and Addictions Ministry for what Mayor Ken Christian says will be an initiative to ‘focus on sharps management’
|Kamloops Mayor Ken Christian|
- a business engagement and ambassador project in Abbotsford;
- a needle recovery program in Vancouver;
- youth harm reduction and wellness efforts in Port Alberni;
- a drop-in harm reduction and meal program in Houston ... and ...
- an employment program in Penticton and Kelowna.
|Giesbrecht showing just a |
small sample of discarded
“Don’t get me wrong”, Giesbrecht continued, “I’m glad to see this initiative will be getting underway, however it is regrettable that funding such as was announced this morning -- even just a small portion of it – wasn’t available two years ago to allow us to continue the grassroots program we already had in place.”