Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

WUN FEATHER -- most homes nowadays have pipelines that go through the ground to their houses that bring water or natural gas or propane, and that take the poop away


Hey team ...

I am calling you a team, because I honestly feel that we are all working together towards a common goal.

Someone asked me if I stand in solidarity, and before they added the last word, I said "I sure do"; I am speaking out for what I call #TeamCanada.

I recognize that without the farmers doing what they do, I would never have flour for my bannock. I would never have vegetables for a salad, or potatoes to smother in butter or gravy.

Without the ranchers, I would never have eggs, or chickens or beef for my burgers. Or the medium rare steak that is going to taste so good over a camp fire.

Without the loggers I would have no lumber to build my tree stands, and without pulp and paper people, well ... let's just say I do not like the feel of leaves on my derriere.

Without the miners we would have no minerals to make things out of, and without the power and cellular service providers I would be in the dark. I would have to send you this post via smoke signals.


Isn't it funny that people do not protest the people who put the poop lines in their yards?  There are no activists stopping them from doing their jobs.


Without restaurants and fast food places and grocery stores, I would be living back on the land like my ancestors did.

I could go on and on and on, but I have to speak up for the fossil fuel people.

Without thermal or metallurgical Coal, Alberta and many countries around the world would have no power, and they would have no Coke for making Steel.   

And without diesel in the tractors, without diesel in the ships or trains or transport trucks, the whole world would grind to a stop.

We all know that climate change is real. The climate has been changing for millions of years. Actually, climate change is the reason that plants have become coal, and dinosaur fossils have become oil.

I bet that we also agree that we have all become dependent on fossil fuels.

But just like we humans have discovered new technologies to replace the old, someday we will find an alternative for fossil fuels -- but we are not there yet.

Remember the big fight between Sony Beta and VHS??  I sure do.  Google it kids; but my point is that neither one of those media's is used any more.  That supports my theory that someday we will no longer use fossil fuels.


But right now, the hard reality is that we need fossil fuels for our hospitals, our schools, and even our deep fryers at MacDonald’s.

Even most homes nowadays have pipelines that go through the ground to their houses that bring water or natural gas or propane -- and some houses have pipelines that take the poop away -- so I also stand with the people who know how to put the pipes in the ground. No one wants anything to happen with their sewer pipes, right? 

Isn't it funny that people do not protest the people who put the poop lines in their yards?  There are no activists stopping them from doing their jobs.

I hope I’m making myself clear.

I also stand by the people who make my pants and socks and that nice wicking underwear! Without oil and gas, we would not have nylon or polyester, or fake fur coats. Oooops, I prefer the real fur.

So, who does Wun Feather stand in solidarity for?

I guess my answer is that I stand for the collective. I stand for the hard-working people who bust their butts each day to make a living so their families can have a better life.

Oh ... just one more thing. I love our military. Seriously. The Airforce and the Navy.  If I could solute every Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, and Airborne member, you bet your life I would!

But I am just an old Indian Trapper, thanking the people who matter the most.



About Wun Feather ... I have literally hundreds of personal stories from the past.

I am one of the last of my generation to have actually attended residential and Indian day schools. I have lived on and off reserve, and have seen the benefits and the hardships of my people in both situations.

My, my parents taught me that any time I fell down physically or emotionally, I just needed to pick myself up, shake myself off, and continue in a forward direction. So, I cannot claim that I did it on my own. I had great Elders






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RCMP gag order comes after BC NDP catch heat for diverted safe supply (Northern Beat)

In the wake of several high-profile police drug seizures of suspected safer supply that put the BC NDP government on the defensive last month, BC RCMP “E” division issued a gag order on detachments, directing them to run all communications on “hot button” public safety issues through headquarters in the lead-up to the provincial election. “It is very clear we are in a pre-election time period and the topic of ‘public safety’ is very much an issue that governments and voters are discussing,” writes a senior RCMP communications official in an email dated Mar. 11 in what appears to have gone out to all BC RCMP detachments . . . . CLICK HERE for the full story

KRUGELL: BC NDP turns its attention from BC United to BC Conservatives

The BC NDP turning its attention, from BC United, to BC Conservatives was reported over the weekend from a variety of sources. It is the result of the surge in the BC Conservative's polling numbers and the subsequent collapse of BC United. The NDP has largely ignored the BC Conservatives, instead they opt to talk about issues directly or attack their old foes BC United. Practical politics says that parties closer to the centre tend to ultimately prevail over the long haul. They do wane but often make comebacks. A good example is the federal Liberals going from third party to government in 2015. Centrism has a lot of appeal on voting day. The NDP shifting its fire from United to Conservative is a reflection of reality. BC United did buy advertising online and radio over the last few months. Did that shift the polls back to them? Nope. The reality is today, the BC Conservatives are the party of the Opposition, and day by day the Conservatives are looking like a party not ready to fig

Baldrey: 2024 meets 1991? How B.C. election history could repeat itself (Times Colonist)

NOTE ... not the original image from Keith Baldrey's op/ed 1991 BC general election -- Wikipedia   A veteran NDP cabinet minister stopped me in the legislature hallway last week and revealed what he thinks is the biggest vulnerability facing his government in the fall provincial election. It’s not housing, health care, affordability or any of the other hot button issues identified by pollsters. "I think we are way too complacent,” he told me. “Too many people on our side think winning elections are easy.” He referenced the 1991 election campaign as something that could repeat itself. What was supposed to be an easy NDP victory then almost turned into an upset win for the fledgling BC Liberal Party. Indeed, the parallels between that campaign and the coming fall contest are striking ... CLICK HERE for the full story

Labels

Show more