Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

What you say ... no talk about debt, health care, education, jobs, and resources?



With six months still to go until the next provincial election in British Columbia, I'm already I am asking myself, "Who will I vote for? Will there be a candidate I can support?  Who will not only say the things I want to hear, but follow through on them?"

I've created a list of things I will be listening to hear answers to, in the months ahead.  It's a short list for now, but will likely grown, and be edited and revised, in the weeks and months ahead.  These are the things I will use to help me when the moment comes to place my "X" on the ballot.

What personal skills, knowledge, and background to you have which will make you the best candidate for the people of Kamloops South Thompson to consider in casting a ballot for you?

If elected as the MLA for Kamloops South Thompson in next Mays provincial election, what will be your top priorities for the riding?

How will you seek input, from constituents, in issues important to the riding, and how will that affect how you vote in the legislature?

Many provinces have multiple parties represented in their legislatures, however BC for decades now seems to be locked into a two party system, as in the US.  What negatives, and positives, do you see for the people of BC with the system as it currently is?

Politics in BC has become very adversarial.  Do you believe there is a way this can be reduced?  If "Yes", what would be the benefits to the way we are governed?

Do you believe there should be more free votes in the legislature, so that elected officials can vote the will of constituents, even if it is in conflict with the will of the government, IF there was a way it did not bring down the government? 

What you say ... no talk about debt, health care, education, jobs, and resources? 

Yes those are VERY important, however, I think answers to the above will strongly factor in to how our elected representative will act on them.

As I mentioned, that is my list -- for now -- and a lot more will factor into my decision on election day.  It will do for now though. 

My question to you is, how will you decide to vote, and what will factor into that decision?

I'm Alan Forseth, in Kamloops

Comments

  1. While I may not be ideologically in the same place as you, I completely agree with your questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more