Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Apparently Regional Directors haven’t been provided with information to respond to a request on how to submit policy suggestions

As many of you know, on November 4th I once again took out a membership in the BC Conservative Party (see WHO should speak for conservatives in British Columbia? )


So what has happened, on the part of the BC Conservative Party, since that date? ………………….. nothing.

Now I don’t need any special “Welcome Back” message from the Party, however I find it rather odd that at the very least, someone didn’t send an email acknowledging receipt of my online membership … an email including the latest newsletter … a message from the party on the up-coming AGM in February … or even details on how to make suggestions on policy proposals for consideration at the February AGM …….. nothing.

Speaking of submissions for policy suggestions, I sent an email to the BC
Conservative Party, asking about how members went about putting forth suggestions; no response. That led me to then contact the Regional Director (Nando Di Lorenzo), who I had worked with previously on the Executive of the Kamloops South Constituency Association, to see if he would be able to provide this information.

Here’s how that conversation went:


Nov 11th at 8:41pm
Good evening Nando ... I sent an email to the BC Conservative Party, via the response form on website.  The message I sent was as follows:

Good evening ... I understand that Greg Hoover is the Chairman of the Policy Committee.  I would appreciate if someone could send me his email address, as I would like to find out what the procedures are for submitting Policy suggestions.  Thank you ... alan
I haven't heard back so I'm wondering if you have the info??


RESENT: Nov 13th @ 7:51am
Hey Nando ...haven't heard back yet?


Nov 13, 2015 at 2:19
Hey Alan

I haven't heard anything thus far.

Thanks,
Nando


Nov 13, 2015 at 3:29pm
So how does someone go about submitting something ... I understand there is a committee, surely there's a contact, or email to send to?


Nov 13, 2015 at 4:39
Alan

I will look into it on our next board meeting next week.



Now as I mentioned above, I worked previously with Nando on the Board and Executive of the BC Conservative Kamloops South Thompson Constituency Association – no issues and no problems, so I have NOTHING negative or critical to say about him. He has worked hard to represent the constituency. In fact when I let him know, I had rejoined that party, he messaged to say:
Welcome back!!

Thanks,
Nando

I do have a problem however with the party itself, when apparently Regional Directors haven’t been provided with information to respond to a request on how to submit policy suggestions.

Communication, and the dissemination of information, is crucial to any organization. With the next provincial election just a short year and a half away, it’s even more important to the BC Conservative Party.

In Kamloops, I’m Alan Forseth. I’d love to hear your thought on this, or any other post you find here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more