Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

A little puking, at the sight of it, might just wake these people up to the fact they are creating the problem



Why exactly is the City of Kamloops not issuing fines to people who put garbage out the night before pick-up? 

Last Thursday, in an article (Garbage pointed to as culprit in bear deaths), in Kamloops This Week, it was reported that Conservation Officers had had to destroy two garbage addicted bears in Juniper Ridge ... as well as two in Aberdeen. 
The story stated:

While the city has a WildsafeBC program and fines for residents who leave out garbage cans overnight, Van Damme said it only takes one scofflaw to create a problem.  Some residents also don’t have a shed or garage in which to lock up cans. Research has been done on ways to lock city garbage bins. 

I searched for an article (without success), however I recall a recent news or radio story which stated the City of Kamloops would be inspecting garbage and re-cycling cans.  This was to ensure that we were not putting the wrong things in to them ... and the threat of fines was being put forward. 

Personally, I would much rather have City By-Law Officers headed out in the evening and handing out tickets to people putting their garbage out as soon as the sun goes down.  In fact, they should be doing it between midnight and 2am ... AND ... and knocking on doors to personally hand out the tickets to householders. 

I live in Juniper, and can guarantee that a large number of residents here, put their garbage and recycling, tins out as soon as it gets dark.

I know it will never happen, however instead of fines, it's too bad Conservation Officers can't force these ignorant individuals to be there when they have to put these bears down.  A little puking, at the sight of it, might just wake these people up to the fact they are creating the problem. 

Wherever you live in BC ... and this is definitely not just a Kamloops problem ... we have a responsibility to ensure that we are not creating the problem of bears becoming 'garbage addicted'. 

It's just my opinion, however there is NO excuse for laziness, and for not ensuring bears do not have access to our garbage.  Would you agree? 

In Kamloops ... I'm Alan Forseth

Comments

  1. Bang on. People have to see the consequences of their actions. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Agree 100%. Willful blindness has to be called out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BC child killer's name change prompts criticism, political finger-pointing (Times Colonist)

The fact that child killer Allan Schoenborn has successfully changed his name under BC laws has prompted finger-pointing among politicians. BC Premier David Eby told media Thursday that in 2002 when opposition leader Kevin Falcon was the Minister of Deregulation he removed regulations under the Name Act that ensured name changes would be published publicly in the BC Gazette ... CLICK HERE for the full story

What My Dad Taught Me about Grief, Art and What Makes a Life (The Tyee)

In October 2017, the day after I found out my dad had died from an accidental drug overdose, I picked up my camera and loaded it with a roll of film. Photography is how I make a living and it’s also how I process my experience of the world. In the immediate days after my dad died, I often felt the weight of dissonant, opposing emotions. Our relationship was complex and thus created polarizing memories that can bring a smile to my face or overwhelm me with sadness. Creating double exposures was a way for me to express the contradicting and fraught emotions I was experiencing ... CLICK HERE for the full story

Where the new electoral map will matter most (The Writ)

If the next federal election is called today, it will be fought over the existing 338-seat map. If it is called tomorrow or any day afterwards, it will be the new and expanded 343-seat map that will decide the outcome. In addition to the five extra seats that are up for grabs, most ridings have also seen their boundaries change. Some haven’t seen any changes and some have changed only a little, but others have seen some significant changes that will have an impact on the results. So let’s take a look at which riding's have seen the most changes  ... CLICK HERE for the full story

Labels

Show more