Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Nomen Nescio -- I Do Not Know Your Name



This morning, I received an email from "Nomen Nescio".  Never heard of him?  Well neither had I until this morning.

 

For those unaware, and according to Wikipedia, Nomen Nescio is used to signify an anonymous or unnamed person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescio, I do not know (from nescire, not to know), it literally means, I do not know the name.

So what did Nomen Nescio have to say? 

 

"... the president and board of directors of the BC Conservative Party have failed Kamloops. Their lack of organization and capacity for making disastrous decisions in the months leading up to the May 9, 2017 Provincial General Election (e.g. not appointing a Party Leader, nominating only 10 of 87 candidates, releasing an incredibly weak pre-election platform, and leaving all major planning decisions to the last minute) undermined our Party's election performance. In the end, we captured 0.5% of the popular vote, about 1/10th of the popular vote in 2013.

We need to take back our Party and move it forward in a more productive direction. With Christy Clark's BC Liberals on their way out, it is now more important than ever for you to have a say in the future of the BC Conservative Party. This opportunity is unlikely to come again anytime soon. Please take the time to read and sign the online petition located at the web address below
......"

 

Do I think the BC Conservative Party -- at least a few who have had their hand on the rudder in recent years -- have failed those who desire to have a conservative voice, and party they can support?  YES!

 

BUT ... in the same way another anonymous letter came out during the Dan Brooks / Rick Peterson leadership campaign (which smeared Peterson), the email I received went where it deserved to go.  JUNK ... delete ... and gotten rid of.

 

This is just my personal opinion, however, if you received the same email I did this morning, that is where yours also deserves to go.  DELETE --- JUNK!

 

Is the author of this email right in their statements?  I will not comment on that because if this individual is unwilling to let their name stand, then it's not worth doing or saying anything about it.

 

Nomen Nescio, I do not know your name --- stand up for what you believe -- or you are not worthy of discussion on what you have to say.

 

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BC child killer's name change prompts criticism, political finger-pointing (Times Colonist)

The fact that child killer Allan Schoenborn has successfully changed his name under BC laws has prompted finger-pointing among politicians. BC Premier David Eby told media Thursday that in 2002 when opposition leader Kevin Falcon was the Minister of Deregulation he removed regulations under the Name Act that ensured name changes would be published publicly in the BC Gazette ... CLICK HERE for the full story

What My Dad Taught Me about Grief, Art and What Makes a Life (The Tyee)

In October 2017, the day after I found out my dad had died from an accidental drug overdose, I picked up my camera and loaded it with a roll of film. Photography is how I make a living and it’s also how I process my experience of the world. In the immediate days after my dad died, I often felt the weight of dissonant, opposing emotions. Our relationship was complex and thus created polarizing memories that can bring a smile to my face or overwhelm me with sadness. Creating double exposures was a way for me to express the contradicting and fraught emotions I was experiencing ... CLICK HERE for the full story

Where the new electoral map will matter most (The Writ)

If the next federal election is called today, it will be fought over the existing 338-seat map. If it is called tomorrow or any day afterwards, it will be the new and expanded 343-seat map that will decide the outcome. In addition to the five extra seats that are up for grabs, most ridings have also seen their boundaries change. Some haven’t seen any changes and some have changed only a little, but others have seen some significant changes that will have an impact on the results. So let’s take a look at which riding's have seen the most changes  ... CLICK HERE for the full story

Labels

Show more