Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

AARON GUNN – Is this another infringement on the constitutional rights of Canadians that accomplishes little, while further deepening our societal divide?

 

Last Tuesday, the Province of Quebec announced that residents who have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine will soon have to pay a fine.

The decision being justified by Quebec Premier François Legault as a way for the unvaccinated to 'contribute” to the “overburdened” public health care system.

While no details regarding the fine amounts have been released, Premier Legault has made it clear these fines will be significant.

But will this “vax tax” really make much difference?

Or is it just another infringement on the constitutional rights of Canadians that accomplishes little, while further deepening our societal divide?

I explored this very question in my latest video, which you can watch on Facebook HERE or YouTube HERE.

In addition to announcing these new “vaccine fines”, Quebec, where nearly a quarter of Canada's population lives, was the first province to introduce a vaccine passport (which is now being expanded to include the 3rd dose) and reinstalled an unprecedented evening curfew earlier last month.

Which of course begs the question, where does it end?

We cannot continue to infringe on the rights of our fellow citizens in perpetuity - at least we can’t if we want to remain a healthy democracy.

And yet, that is exactly what the Government of Quebec is proposing we do.

Aaron Gunn ... is an independent journalist and an advocate for taxpayers and common sense. He is also undertaking the process of setting up a new political movement in the Province of BC by creating Common Sense BC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interfor Moves Headquarters Out of BC as Forestry Crisis Continues

NDP policies are driving businesses out of B.C., and the forestry industry just suffered yet another calamity. Interfor, a BC company founded more than 60 years ago and now one of the world's largest lumber producers, is moving its headquarters from Burnaby, BC to Atlanta, Georgia. As BC’s forestry sector faces mill closures and mounting uncertainty, this move is another warning sign that the crisis is deepening and conditions are fatal. “This is the NDP’s record: endless job losses with no hope in sight for the forestry sector,” said Ward Stamer, Shadow Minister for Forestry. “Interfor still has three mills in BC which are now in serious jeopardy, and it is likely we will see even more companies pull out of BC. The NDP government is suffocating the forestry industry with high taxes, excessive regulations, and permitting delays, while DRIPA has made it impossible to plan for the future.” “Decisions like this are sadly not surprising given the NDP’s indifference if not hostility tow...

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

NDP Hypocritically Admits Natural Gas Power Was Needed All Along ~~ BC Conservatives

The NDP just got caught buying back the exact kind of power plant it spent years telling British Columbians they didn't need. The NDP government announced today that BC Hydro is purchasing the Island Generation natural gas facility in Campbell River, an admission that its electrification-only energy policy was never realistic. The 275-megawatt plant was originally privately owned yet kept to a minimal backup role under the NDP, operating just 15 days a year on average. Now, with demand outpacing what the NDP's plan can support, the government is spending taxpayer funds on the very gas capacity it once treated as obsolete. "You cannot electrify everything and pretend natural gas doesn't matter," said Larry Neufeld, Shadow Minister for Energy.  "Buying back a gas plant they once wrote off is proof their own plan couldn't keep the lights on. It's a step towards more energy reality, but the government needs to go further and scrap the impending province-w...

Labels

Show more