Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

WUN FEATHER -- Justin Trudeau thinks that by rehearsing everything he has to say that he comes across as intelligent

 


Our Elders have always said that when we are speaking to others, we must choose whether to use our minds or our hearts. Our minds are there to give us the power to solve our problems. And our hearts, which are more connected to the creator, are used to show compassion and understanding.

When I accidentally tuned in to a mainstream media channel and saw this guy on TV, I stopped scrolling long enough to watch what he had to say. I didn't really listen to him because I could tell that everything he was saying was rehearsed.

Many people will laugh when they read this, but those of us who have experienced what it is like to hear an Elder speak will agree with me.

We have a tendency to repeat ourselves. Most people think to themselves: "Here we go again!"  Elders go on and on and on...

Ha ha ... sorry.

But the reason Elders do that is because what they are saying to you is coming directly from their hearts. They have not had hours and hours to prepare speeches and rehearse what they are going to say to you.

When an Elder speaks, sometimes they make a few mistakes. Sometimes they repeat themselves, and sometimes they loose track of their main point because all of their life experiences conglomerate and they have to sort out or disseminate the information in their brains in order for the thoughts to flow from their hearts.

This Justin Trudeau guy thinks that by rehearsing everything he has to say, and by having all the media questions pre-sent to him ahead of time, that he comes across as intelligent.

But the opposite happens. Those of us watching him speak, can tell right away that he is just reading rehearsed lines. He is using his brain to try to solve problems instead of speaking to us from his heart. The problem is that his brain does not have very many life experiences to draw from, and so his thoughts are empty.

He can only repeat what others have told him to say.

He is not sincere.

Sadly, some Canadians cannot see through the charade.

As much as we have made fun of him in the past for saying "Uhm" and "Awe" before he spoke, that Justin Trudeau was more sincere.

This one is just a verbal marionette.

I wonder who is controlling his strings?

 

About Wun Feather:

I am one of the last of my generation to have actually attended residential and Indian day schools. I have lived on and off reserve and have seen the benefits and the hardships of my people in both situations.

My parents taught me that any time I fell down physically, or emotionally, I just needed to pick myself up, shake myself off, and continue in a forward direction. So, I cannot claim that I did it on my own; I had great Elders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more