Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

WUN FEATHER - The reason my dad swore out loud, was because Pierre Elliott Trudeau was attempting to force his White Paper through parliament

 
My father would have been 96 years old yesterday ... 

 

The majority of my friends remember him as their teacher, or as the principal of a school they went to. Some remember him as a big game hunting guide, a trapper, or as an old-time range patrol officer.

But my dad actually worked for the BC Forest Service, and was stationed on look out tower when I first came along in '57.

His dream was to live on his Stikine River ranch, and so he went back to school to become a teacher.

As he was earning his degrees, I learned more than you can imagine through osmosis.


Having a father who studied for his masters, and then his doctorate in English while I was in elementary school, had its pros and its cons. He literally force-fed grammar and diction to me, even when we were on horseback in the Sawtooth range, or mushing the sled dogs on the trapline.

He often reminded me that the only reason people use vulgarity and obscenities, is because they lack the vocabulary and intelligence to express themselves in a concise manner.

I never heard my dad utter an invective until 1969 -- I was 11 years old. The reason my dad swore out loud, was because Pierre Elliott Trudeau was attempting to force his White Paper through parliament.

My dad knew that Pierre hated us Indians.

At the time, my dad was a principal at an Indian day school. He knew that Trudeau wanted to assimilate us natives into the rest of Canadian society, and to get rid of the Indian problem once and for all.


I remember that moment in time like it was yesterday, even though it happened 52 years ago.

Well, as much as I loved my dear old dad, I am glad that he is not alive today to see how Pierre's useless son (Justin Trudeau) is destroying our country. I bet you anything that I would be learning a few choice vulgarities right now.

And I love the memories of my dad too much to have them clouded over by Liberal stupidity.

Happy birthday to the greatest dad a man could ever have ... and thank you for raising me to be an intelligent, and hardworking Conservative.

About Wun Feather ...

I am one of the last of my generation to have actually attended residential and Indian day schools. I have lived on and off reserve, and have seen the benefits and the hardships of my people in both situations.

My parents taught me that any time I fell down physically, or emotionally, I just needed to pick myself up, shake myself off, and continue in a forward direction. So, I cannot claim that I did it on my own; I had great Elders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more