Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

WUN FEATHER -- Wear your mask if you have to ... or don't wear the darn thing ... just remember that us human beings need to see each other smile


I am deadly serious about what wearing masks is going to do to our society ... and I don't mean the physical aspect, or breathing in your own wasted breath. I am sure that can not be that good for you, but I want to talk about the psychological component of mask wearing.

I have made my living by talking to people.

I refuse to have any serious discussions over the phone. For me, the phone has only one purpose, and that is to call someone to set up a meeting.

A typical phone call for me goes something like this, "Hey Annie Oz, it was nice to meet you in Conklin the other day. Have you got a few minutes to discuss a few work-related issues with me this week?"

When she says: "Okay, how about Friday at two?" ... that is the end of the phone call.

I need to see peoples faces when I speak with them because without the physical body language

-- and being able to see their facial expressions -- all we are doing is sharing words. Verbosity on its own is meaningless to me.

I am the very same way when I am shopping for groceries. If someone is wheeling their shopping cart out of an isle, and we almost collide; without seeing their facial expressions, I have no idea if they are purposely trying to ram in to me, or if they are trying to be polite.


Don't get me wrong here; someone has told us that wearing masks will combat the virus and we will all be safe. I get that, but I wait for the very last second to put the thing on, and as soon as I can, I tear it off, and put it in my pocket ... and I do not wear it while I drive!

I want people to see my ugly face and how mean I look so they don't mess with me. Ha ha ... just kidding.

In my 50 years as a licensed driver, I have realized that if I come to an intersection, and I smile at the other drivers, the majority of them smile back at me.

That is an important aspect of human health, and compassion, for each other.

Just a quick smile will usually transfer from you to another person, and you have no idea how important your attitude towards them may make them feel. 

Wear your mask if you have to ... or don't wear the darn thing.

Just remember that us human beings need to see each other smile.

I challenge anyone to argue that point with me.

If I am wrong, why are smiley faces, and emojis, the first thing kids add to their phones?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more