Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

KATHLEEN CONNOLLY -- It's time to step up, grow up, and become a positive and supportive member of society

 


So many of us watch how society is reacting to COVID-19. I have to say I have never been so disappointed in humanity ... and my community.

Let me be clear, I totally believe that we get to chose what happens to our body and what we put into it (women have been fighting this battle for centuries by the way).

I also believe that government's agenda has always been to control the masses (I might argue religion has been the same) since Roman times.


I also believe in our constitutional rights and freedoms.


I don't believe that people in adult life (or at any other phase) have the right to bully or intimidate others because our beliefs, and values, are different.


I don't believe that people have the right to minimize the stories of those who have had COVID and are now suffering very real effects of it (ask around you would be surprised)
.

I don't believe that in a world where education, information, and data are so available that "don't bore me with the facts, I have made up my mind" is a reasonable position for ANYONE.  Ignorance is NOT an excuse in today's day and age.


I am saddened that the word "neighbor" and "community" don't mean anything to our society ... and that Christian values no longer matter.


That we live in an its "all about me" world absolutely breaks my heart. I would suggest our forefathers would be incredibly disappointed in how we have turned out. I am ashamed of who we have become.


I love my community, my neighbors and even strangers. I expect more from my community and I hope that my cynicism is proved wrong.


Anyone can bring their stories, their worries, what they loose sleep over, and I will support them all the way --- that’s who we should be.


Your coach would say "get your helmet on and get in the game".


It's time to step up, grow up, and become a positive and supportive member of society.



Kathleen Connolly ... makes her home in Dawson Creek.  She is the Executive Director of the Dawson Creek Chamber of Commerce,  She works with many not for profit groups and is actively engaged in her community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more