Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

If you want greater sensitivity to western needs and concerns, greater fiscal responsibility, and a rational approach to resourced development, then vote Conservative


How I am voting this election ... 

I’ve voted for (the Conservatives) Cathy McLeod several elections running, I believe her service to be excellent and effective. I know (the Liberals) Terry Lake and find him an agreeable person. So, my decision is absent consideration for either of these two individuals, both are competent.

Nor am I a rampant partisan, all things being equal I'll vote conservative due to a long family history with the party, however, for example, I was excited about the Liberal Party's leadership under John Turner and Paul Martin, and found much of what Jean Chretien did agreeable.

I am voting Conservative again, and I am asking you to as well.

The most critical argument in my case for the Conservative Party is, above all, government procurement processes must be honest, transparent and adhere to the highest ethical principles.

The judicial system must be independent. No matter the short-term cost, people or entities that seek through graft, violence or political influence to corrupt government procurement, or process anywhere, must be brought to heel.  Under no circumstance can government be in league with, or seen to be in league with, corrupt operators.

It is my belief the present Liberal government has been attached to corrupt parties and as such, they have lost my confidence.
I was excited about the Liberal commitment to infrastructure spending; however, I have nothing of significance to point to in the way of smart infrastructure now. What has replaced smart infrastructure is too much and bad spending. There has been a rapid increase in "bad debt", no increase in accountability and the election has exposed a readiness to deploy the pork barrel. 

Click here for more on Infrastructure Spending 

One can argue as to the validity of many of the assertions of the climate activists. If one assumes, then, that fossil fuel use must be curtailed, the Carbon Tax fails. The Carbon Tax is just stupid policy - period. One hundred years of price sensitivity analysis tells the truth, absent product fungibility the demand for fuel is inelastic – A Carbon Tax punishes marginal actors in society, beats up commodity producers like farmers, AND does nothing. 

Click here for more on the Carbon Tax and the Environment 

The Supreme Court of Canada gave direction on death with dignity (DWD) legislation, it was clear we have the constitutional right to direct the end of our lives as we see fit. By failing to allow for prior directives, and by placing the decision to execute in the hands of medical professionals (rather than in the hands of affected individuals), and failing to offer judicial process to oversee the wishes of individuals; the government has created a dangerous situation. 

Click here for more on Death with Dignity 

Finally, the Liberals (of Justin Trudeau) chose to raise the issue of gun control again.  Gun control has been a long-standing cultural differentiation tool the Liberals use to define us (Canada) as being different from them (US). They have incited an inaccurate perception of gun ownership and placed fear where none need exist. They once frittered away $2 billion on gun control and now they promise to waste more. It always has been and is again a complete red herring. 

Click here for more on Gun Control 

If you want greater sensitivity to western needs and concerns, greater fiscal responsibility and a rational approach to resourced development then vote Conservative.

The riding of Kamloops – Thompson – Cariboo is more important than it ever has been before. The way the numbers are shaping up, we could end up with a NDP, LIBERAL, GREEN co-operative entity of some sort -- I'll let that prospect affect you as it might.

We have seen it at work in BC and needlessly, resource development has all but come to a halt. 

Click here for more on Fiscal Policy and policy on general


An op-ed commentary from Neil E. Thomson

Mr. Thomson spent his youth in Vernon, BC, where he graduated from Okanagan College, and then participated in every major industry in the province, save commercial fishing. The greatest portion of his experience was gained in the construction, forestry, agriculture and tourism industries. 

Through self directed study he developed a thorough knowledge of accounting, budgeting, marketing, logistics, government liaison, administration of capital improvements, board participation at various associations, participation public planning tables and general business reporting.

 Recently Mr. Thomson has been self-directed and pursuing: marketing, accounting, small business consulting, entrepreneurial endeavors and significant self-study related to professional management.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abbotsford-Mission MLA Reann Gasper to step down for Conservative Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay to run in a by-election

Deputy Whip and MLA Reann Gasper has informed the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia of her decision to step down as MLA for Abbotsford-Mission, creating an opportunity for Conservative Party of British Columbia Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay to seek the seat in a forthcoming by-election. Gasper said the decision was made carefully and deliberately, with the future of British Columbia firmly in mind. Abbotsford-Mission MLA Reann Gasper “This is a decision I have made after a great deal of careful consideration, and I believe it is the right decision for me, for our Party, and for the work ahead,” said MLA Gasper. “It has been a privilege to represent the people of Abbotsford-Mission, and I am deeply grateful to everyone who placed their trust in me. I am also grateful for the opportunity to serve alongside my colleagues in the Conservative Caucus and to contribute to our leadership team.” “I have confidence in Kerry-Lynne, in her leadership, and in her ability to ...

NDP Sits on $61 Million With No Start Date for Burnaby Hospital

Phase 2 of Burnaby Hospital redevelopment  was green lit to go ahead in September 2023 The NDP spent $45 million on the Burnaby Hospital redevelopment, cancelled the second phase, and now has another $61 million listed for the project in the province’s Public Accounts, with no start date for construction. If the NDP cancelled the project, what is happening to the $61 million set aside for it? The Phase 2 project was expected to cost between $1.7 billion and $1.8 billion and was intended to expand the hospital’s capacity. With Burnaby’s population growing and residents struggling to access healthcare, the government should be investing in healthcare capacity, not leaving millions of dollars tied up in limbo. “The NDP spent $45 million on this project before cancelling it, and now $61 million remains listed for it in the Public Accounts,” said MLA Misty Van Popta, Shadow Minister for Infrastructure. “If the government isn’t going to build the hospital expansion, it should explain whe...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

Labels

Show more