Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon



EARLY YESTERDAY, I the following information out by email to several individuals -- letting them know we (the BC Conservatives) had every intention of being a viable alternative in the next provincial election in BC. I also posted a much briefer edit on Social media (Facebook and Twitter).  Here is the text of the email which was sent:

Greetings friends ...

I would like to let you know, if you are unaware, that just a few short months ago I rejoined and became a member of the BC Conservative Party.  Additionally, I attended a very successful AGM which was held a few weeks back in Langley. 

I believe in small 'c' conservative ideals, and I believe that the well-being of our province will not happen with either our current GreeNDP government ... or with the Liberals, who are INDEED Capitol "L" Liberals in both name, and in governing style!

This email is to advise you that initial prep work is underway to restart the Kamloops North Thompson, and Kamloops South Thompson, BC Conservation Riding Associations -- as well as Fraser Nicola. This region has always been fertile ground for true conservatives, and I look forward to having your support.

I have requested that the party attempt to have Interim Leader Scott Anderson (long-time Board / Executive Member, and Vernon City Councillor) join us in the coming weeks to discuss the future ahead for OUR party, and our region.  Stay tuned for information on meeting dates coming in the near future!


Now, here are a couple of things I am asking of you:
  • Please email back to let me know that you, like me, wish to be a part of the BC Conservative moment, and build it into a force for the next election
  • Will you be able to offer a bit of time to assist in setting up initial meetings?
  • WILL YOU FORWARD THIS EMAIL on to friends you believe to be true Conservatives who are looking to find a home with a conservative movement in BC -- we need them, and 100's of others?
  • Everyone has talents, skills, experience that can be of amazing assistance in helping us grow -- it DOES NOT have to be political.  YES, I am asking for you to volunteer some time (a little or a lot, it does not matter -- only that you do if you are able)

The time is now, and I hope you will respond in a positive way to this call to action!


Sincerely,
Alan Forseth

BC Conservative Party Regional Director for Kamloops
North and South Thompson and Fraser / Nicola ridings

Twitter: @AlanForseth

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." ~~ Paul Brandt


Canadian country music singer Paul Brandt has it right, and what he says is a fitting quote to have in my signature, when it comes restarting things in the Kamloops, and Fraser Nicola, regions ... " Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."

There's a job to be done, and I look forward to many hands joining in the task!

What thoughts do you have on the matter?  The floors yours, and I'd love to hear from you!

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth.

Comments

  1. Best wishes Alan but you'll be wasting your time if ....

    1. The same old federal Conservatives dominate the board of directors and impose a far-right platform that leaves the centre solely to the anything-to-stop-the-NDP so-called Liberals

    2. You appeal only or mainly to "true" Conservatives; there are not enough of them to elect a dog-catcher, let alone an MLA, let alone 50 of them!

    Take a lesson from WAC Bennett - he built a big tent, developed a populist platform and governed for 20 years.

    Focus on problems that need to be solved then develop new solutions to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a sit down with Scott Anderson, last week, and I am getting a positive vibe, too. I have agreed to come back and help

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

Todd Stone says, “One and Done” -- No need to fill in Question 2”. Respectfully, he and his fellow BC Liberal MLAs are wrong

From Todd Stone, to Tracy Redies, to John Yapp, to Jane Thornthwaite, to Doug Clovechok, to Mike Bernier, to Lorne Letnick … the list of BC Liberal MLA’s all singing from the same song book goes on and on as their united voices all say, “Vote One and Done".   Let me say this … they, along with supporters of the BC Liberal Party are WRONG!   Even IF you do support retaining our current system of  and have no wish to change to some form of Proportional Representation, it IS vitally important for you to vote on Question #2!   Despite the Liberals trying to persuade us differently, there is indeed plenty of information on the vote , and it is from an independent source – Elections BC.   There you’ll find pretty much everything you need to make an informed choice about the different voting systems, and the different rules for each … including how voters cast their ballot, how votes are counted, and how votes translate into seats in the l...

Labels

Show more