Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Abbotsford-Mission MLA Reann Gasper to step down for Conservative Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay to run in a by-election

Deputy Whip and MLA Reann Gasper has informed the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia of her decision to step down as MLA for Abbotsford-Mission, creating an opportunity for Conservative Party of British Columbia Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay to seek the seat in a forthcoming by-election.

Gasper said the decision was made carefully and deliberately, with the future of British Columbia firmly in mind.

Abbotsford-Mission MLA Reann Gasper

“This is a decision I have made after a great deal of careful consideration, and I believe it is the right decision for me, for our Party, and for the work ahead,” said MLA Gasper. “It has been a privilege to represent the people of Abbotsford-Mission, and I am deeply grateful to everyone who placed their trust in me. I am also grateful for the opportunity to serve alongside my colleagues in the Conservative Caucus and to contribute to our leadership team.”

“I have confidence in Kerry-Lynne, in her leadership, and in her ability to represent Abbotsford-Mission. I believe that giving our Leader the opportunity to seek this seat strengthens our team and puts us in a stronger position for the work ahead.”

“Ultimately, we have a bigger objective: We need to defeat the NDP and form government. That requires us to make decisions that put the strength of our team and our ability to win first. I believe this is one of those decisions.”

“I encourage our members, volunteers, and supporters to stand behind Kerry-Lynne Findlay as she leads the Conservative Party of British Columbia with determination, and an optimistic vision for our province. I remain committed to our Party and to the work ahead, and I look forward to continuing to contribute in whatever way I can.”

Conservative Party of British Columbia Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay thanked Gasper for her service to Abbotsford-Mission and her contributions to the Conservative Caucus.

“I want to thank Reann for her service to the people of Abbotsford-Mission and for the significant contributions she has made to our Caucus and our Party,” said Findlay.

“Throughout her time in office, and especially in her ongoing role as Deputy Whip, Reann has been a valued member of our leadership team and a strong advocate for her constituents and our shared principles. I am grateful for the confidence Reann has placed in me and honoured by the opportunity she is creating for me to seek the nomination in Abbotsford-Mission.”

“Reann has made a thoughtful decision that puts the interests of our Party, our province, and our shared goal of forming government first. I look forward to working closely with our members and volunteers as we prepare for the by-election.”

“Our focus is clear. We need to earn the trust of the people of Abbotsford-Mission, strengthen our team, and build the momentum we need to defeat the NDP and form a strong, common-sense government for British Columbia.”

Gasper will continue to work closely with Findlay and the Conservative Caucus in the months ahead and remains committed to supporting the Party's efforts to defeat the NDP, form government, and build a brighter future for British Columbia. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Todd Stone says, “One and Done” -- No need to fill in Question 2”. Respectfully, he and his fellow BC Liberal MLAs are wrong

From Todd Stone, to Tracy Redies, to John Yapp, to Jane Thornthwaite, to Doug Clovechok, to Mike Bernier, to Lorne Letnick … the list of BC Liberal MLA’s all singing from the same song book goes on and on as their united voices all say, “Vote One and Done".   Let me say this … they, along with supporters of the BC Liberal Party are WRONG!   Even IF you do support retaining our current system of  and have no wish to change to some form of Proportional Representation, it IS vitally important for you to vote on Question #2!   Despite the Liberals trying to persuade us differently, there is indeed plenty of information on the vote , and it is from an independent source – Elections BC.   There you’ll find pretty much everything you need to make an informed choice about the different voting systems, and the different rules for each … including how voters cast their ballot, how votes are counted, and how votes translate into seats in the l...

Labels

Show more