Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Both of those parties (the BC Liberals and the BC NDP) are sitting on "Empty" when it comes to having the grit and determination to see things through

Just a quick note from me today.

The Georgia Strait has an interesting commentary today (Looking for a leader and in search of John Horgan) from former Socred, Reform, Liberal researcher / advisor Martyn Brown ... who by all appearances from his most recent article, has fully gone over the deep end to the NDP side. 

The following comment however, towards the end of his article, is completely correct I believe:

"In the end, it is strong leadership that most voters want. Leadership that dares to be better. Leadership that taps into voters’ frustrations and anger with the status quo. Leadership that negates phony partisan-fueled fears with a more hopeful agenda for positive change."

YES ... we DO want a leader with an agenda for positive change, but instead of simply saying we need "strong leadership that most voters want", can we also include, "From ANY party BUT the NDP or Liberals"?

I and many others, I feel certain, are of the belief that both of those parties (the BC Liberals and the BC NDP) are sitting on "Empty" when it comes to having the grit and determination to see things through on ideas they believe in -- come hell or high water -- regardless of the loud quacking of the ever vocal minority obstructionists!

In Kamloops, I'm Alan Forseth

Comments

  1. Allan, I really appreciate ýour struggle to remain relevant but at some point you have to realize that you are talking into a mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you not agree with that brief comment I made then Doug?

      I knew Martyn back when he came over from the Socreds to BC Reform ... and then again from Reform to the Liberals when Reform made absolutely no headway in the 1996 Provincial election. I have simply said that I believe BC does want a leader that will call a spade a spade, and a leader who is willing to be a leader. That, I believe, will not be found in either the Liberals or the NDP. That said, it remains to be seen who IS willing to take up that role, and from what party.

      I guess I am asking you, based on your comment then, if indeed I am talking into a mirror to myself. If that is the case, then you must believe it isn't relevant that we have a leader who WILL lead?

      I have to say, from comments that I heard from others, that is indeed what people want ... and that to me IS relevant.

      Delete
  2. Alan, I think you are absolutely correct. The electorate are looking for a new style of leadership; leadership that refuses to simply echo the faulty and dishonest positions advanced by special interest groups such as those funded by the Tides Foundation. Time will tell if those individuals can find a Leader to coalesce behind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more