Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Rob Shaw: ‘Double-whammy’ coming this week for owners of short-term rentals (The Orca)


Owners of short-term rental properties, already reeling from restrictions brought in by the BC NDP, can expect to get a double-whammy this week courtesy of the federal government.

Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland is set to unveil tax code changes that would ban owners of Airbnb-style properties from writing off their rental expenses against their income, according to a report in the Toronto Star.

The change, to be announced in Tuesday’s economic update, would apply to areas that already restrict short-term rentals, such as British Columbia. It would come into effect Jan. 1, according to The Star ...

CLICK HERE for the full story

Comments

Labels

Show more