Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Cowichan Valley RD backs down from 19 per cent tax increase after protest (Times Colonist)


Backlash from taxpayers convinced a majority of the Cowichan Valley Regional District board to scuttle plans to raise annual taxes by 19 per cent.

The board held a new vote Feb. 28, reducing the projected increase to 16 per cent by cutting the amount of money allocated for park acquisition to $958,000 from close to $2.5 million.

The higher amount for parks was approved at the end of budget discussion, but some directors said they were ready to change their minds . . . .

CLICK HERE for the full story

Comments

Labels

Show more