Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

MILOBAR - We need to restore clarity, accountability, and democratic responsibility in this province


During the last debate, candidates discussed how we would respond to civil unrest following the repeal of DRIPA.

I’ve been on the front lines of this fight, and I want to be clear with you about what leadership looks like.

When protests turned into fires on the steps of the Legislature during the Wet’suwet’en blockades, I was there calling on then-Premier John Horgan to act. I said the same thing then that I’m saying now:

The rule of law applies in British Columbia, and as Premier, I will enforce it. Fairly, firmly, and without hesitation.

Let’s be honest about what’s coming. Repealing DRIPA won’t be quiet. It won’t be easy. There will be protests. There may even be attempts at illegal blockades.

But here’s the difference: under my leadership, the government will not stand by.

We will:

➤ Uphold the rule of law—consistently and without exception

➤ Ensure law enforcement has the backing they need to act

➤ Protect critical infrastructure, jobs, and communities

➤ Refuse to allow unlawful disruption to dictate public policy

Because if we’re not prepared to face some turbulence, then what’s the point of even having this conversation?

The real issue at stake is bigger.

DRIPA, especially Section 7, creates a framework where the Crown is no longer the final decision-maker. That opens the door to co-governance, something even this government refuses to clearly define, while others openly claim it already exists.

That’s not acceptable.

We need to restore clarity, accountability, and democratic responsibility in this province.

And that means:

➤ Fully repealing DRIPA, not tinkering around the edges

➤ Tasking Cabinet with reviewing and reversing changes already made under it

➤ Reasserting the Crown as the final authority in decision-making

I’ve fought this every step of the way. I was against the Haida Agreement, against Land Act changes, and I’m the only candidate who is an MLA, and has been in the Legislature holding Premier David Eby and the NDP accountable.

My track record is clear.

Now, I’m asking you to stand with me. British Columbia deserves leadership that doesn’t back down when things get difficult. 

I didn’t back down then; I won’t back down now.

 

Peter Milobar
Leadership Candidate,
Conservative Party of BC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

Todd Stone says, “One and Done” -- No need to fill in Question 2”. Respectfully, he and his fellow BC Liberal MLAs are wrong

From Todd Stone, to Tracy Redies, to John Yapp, to Jane Thornthwaite, to Doug Clovechok, to Mike Bernier, to Lorne Letnick … the list of BC Liberal MLA’s all singing from the same song book goes on and on as their united voices all say, “Vote One and Done".   Let me say this … they, along with supporters of the BC Liberal Party are WRONG!   Even IF you do support retaining our current system of  and have no wish to change to some form of Proportional Representation, it IS vitally important for you to vote on Question #2!   Despite the Liberals trying to persuade us differently, there is indeed plenty of information on the vote , and it is from an independent source – Elections BC.   There you’ll find pretty much everything you need to make an informed choice about the different voting systems, and the different rules for each … including how voters cast their ballot, how votes are counted, and how votes translate into seats in the l...

Labels

Show more