VANCOUVER SUN: Destroyed Lytton businesses face uncertain future as Ottawa refuses to forgive COVID loans
... Fandrich says she doesn’t know how she will ever repay a $60,000 federal pandemic loan because just as she expected to be profitable in the summer of 2021, her shop burned down with the rest of the town.

And now she faces an estimated $500,000-plus rebuild cost, much higher than the $250,000 insurance she carried.
The costs of rebuilding in Lytton have gone up as costs have increased everywhere, she said. But Lytton also faces additional rebuilding costs because, for example, there is no longer accommodation for workers in town.
“There is no way I can rebuild. … I am still paying two mortgages on the building. I am struggling week to week,” said Fandrich, a single mother.
Even when her insurance claim is resolved, she would be lucky to repay the mortgages, she noted ...
CLICK HERE to read the full story
Comments
Post a Comment