Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

Rudyard Griffiths: No, prime minister, interest rates are not going to come down (The HUB)


Higher for longer is now not just the mantra of central banks, it is fast becoming Mr. Bond Market’s new credo

 

It’s been a remarkable couple of weeks in global bond markets, possibly some of the most consequential since the Great Financial Crisis. All of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, the yields of longer-duration debts have exploded higher.

The implications for the economy, for governments, and for consumers are far-reaching. We are in the midst of a highly consequential moment that presages a difficult period ahead for Canada. Let me explain ...

CLICK HERE for the full story

Comments

Labels

Show more