Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

WARD STAMER: Together, we can make BC a place to be proud of again

 

Many people have asked why I am running as the Kamloops North Thompson candidate in this Fall’s BC Provincial election, and why with the BC Conservative banner?

 

Well first I would like to talk a little about myself. I’m a family man, with deep roots in Kamloops North Thompson, roots that along with my parents go back five decades.

 

After graduating from high school, I went directly into my father’s logging business (after spending the summer months doing that work from the age of fourteen). I knew the work was hard and sometimes dangerous, but the money was good and there was lots to do, including on the job training on everything from heavy equipment, to hand falling, to trail and road building, High Lead logging and everything in between.


Of course, there were never enough hours in the day, but still, I spent as much time as I could with my wife and our two daughters. It was a pleasure coaching their softball teams, and driving back and forth to the many sports and school activities they participated in, along with trips to the doctor.  Now, my wife and I are blessed to have three wonderful grandchildren.

 

I have always believed in contributing back to where I live, and so I became a member of the Lion’s Club in Barrierre.  I was also fortunate to be elected to a Improvement District, responsible for water systems, solid waste collection, and streetlights.  I also joined the volunteer Fire Dept Board around the same time.

 

As our community of Barriere grew we incorporated, and in 2007 I was honoured to be elected to the very first council – a position I continued in until becoming Mayor in 2018. In 2022 I was honoured to be re-elected once again.

 

My decision to run in the upcoming election is an important step in continuing to work on behalf of the residents in the North Thompson Valley and the Kamloops North Thompson Riding.

 

With the new boundaries stretching from Vavenby to Kamloops, over the hills including Knutsford, Monte Lake, Westwold, Pritchard, Chase and circling up to Sun Peaks, our Kamloops North Thompson riding represents a diverse area of both urban and rural living.

 

This speaks of the historical ties of families that call this wonderful part of our province home – to commerce that interacts across our communities – and to cooperation amongst residents.

 

As a second term mayor in one of our communities, I have seen firsthand the positive improvements we have all worked together to achieve.

 

That said, I, and many of our residents, have also experienced the many negative effects of this current NDP government.

 

Our healthcare system is in crisis with a shortage of healthcare professionals leading to thousands of residents right here in Kamloops North Thompson having no family doctor – a situation made worse by having no available walk-in clinics.

 

In 2016, the BC Liberal (now BC United) government declared a public health emergency, after 465 people died from a toxic drug supply the year previous. Since then, the lives of over 14,200 people have been cut short --- including nearly two dozen in Kamloops alone last year (2023).


Through thirty-two years of both Liberal and NDP governments (16 each) a lack of housing for both seniors and families has been allowed to reach crisis proportions.

 

The cost of everything else we purchase has risen so fast that more and more residents have had to rely on food banks just to have enough to eat.

 

And while other areas of our province have received billions in infrastructure investments, the lack of the same here in Kamloops North Thompson has led to a staggering number of serious and fatal accidents up and down our own local highways.

 


As a local municipal leader there is only so much one person can do, and that is why I am asking for your support in this Fall’s Provincial election.

 

I want to represent you in a new majority Conservative government. It is time for a change, and time for a common-sense plan to build a better British Columbia.

 

A plan to scrap the Carbon Tax and lower taxes, pass meaningful Healthcare reform, crack down on violent crime, invest in new hospitals and schools, and to encourage investment in our province.

 

Together, we can make BC a place to be proud of again. A place where our families can afford their own home, provide for themselves, support our seniors, and provide a hand up to those less fortunate; a place where we can be excited to live.

 

I’m Ward Stamer, your Conservative Party of BC candidate for Kamloops North Thompson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more