Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

JODY WILSON-RAYBOULD ... this is about the integrity of the government ... this is going to look like nothing but political interference


In a 17-minute tape release of a conversation Jody Wilson-Raybould had with Privy Council Clerk Michael Wernick, there was absolutely NO DOUBT as to her feelings about being interfered with ... and what she thought of it.


On the tape she can be clearly heard stating:
The principle or integrity of how we act and how we respond to the tools we have available and what we should and shouldn’t do ... I don’t think anyone respects this ... it’s not that they’re not lawful, the perception and what will happen will be deemed political interference from day one when people were talking about ‘why are we entering in to, putting in a DPA (
Deferred Prosecution Agreement) regime in place’ ... everybody knows it was because of SNC ... whether that’s true or not, that’s what people will think

The news broke early this morning and at 8:15am Friday, CBC Katie Simpson was on Twitter with the following comment:
BREAKING: Submissions made to the Justice Committee indicate Jody Wilson-Raybould has audio recording that is relevant to the SNC-Lavalin affair

That comment was linked to the following CBC News story:  PM wanted SNC-Lavalin deal 'one way or another,' Wernick told Wilson-Raybould in secretly recorded call

The country's top bureaucrat warned Jody Wilson-Raybould that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was "quite determined" to prevent SNC-Lavalin's criminal trial from leading to job losses — and wanted to know why the then-justice minister hadn't used a new legal tool to allow the company to avoid a criminal trial.

A recording made by Wilson-Raybould of a 17-minute Dec. 19 call between herself and Privy Council Clerk Michael Wernick was released today, along with 43 pages of emails, texts and a written statement from Wilson-Raybould herself which were tabled to the Commons justice committee.

Wernick — who was not aware he was being recorded — told the minister there was "rising anxiety" over the fate of a major employer.

"He's quite determined, quite firm," Wernick said of the prime minister's position on getting a deferred prosecution agreement (DPA) for the Quebec-based engineering company. "But he wants to know why the DPA route, which Parliament provided for, isn't being used. And I think he's going to find a way to get it done, one way or another."


Aaron Gunn, an advocate for taxpayers and common sense, and is currently in the role of Spokesperson for BC Proud.  The first thing he had to say after seeing Katie Simpson’s Tweet was to state:

Wow. This could be massive.”

A short time later he followed that up by saying, “WOW. JUST WOW!” 

And why the “WOW” repeat?  He was now aware of words spoken by Chief Clerk Michael Wernick on Justin Trudeau’s desire to have SNC-Lavalin avoid prosecution.

I think he’s going to find a way to get it done – he’s in that kind of mood.” (Michael Wernick)

 
The Honourable Jody Wilson Raybould
All the while, as Simpson-Raybould had already said, “the perception and what will happen will be deemed political interference from day one when people were talking about why are we entering in to”

She was concerned, and it was NO WONDER!

But Prime Minister Trudeau was even more-so concerned – after all, the road to victory in the October federal election is through Quebec ... and he knew the potential loss of 9,000 SNC-Lavalin jobs would put a serious crimp in that!

And why?  According to the National Post ... newly obtained documents show SNC-Lavalin warned federal prosecutors last fall about a possible plan to split the company in two, move its offices to the United States and eliminate its Canadian workforce if it didn’t get a deal to avoid criminal prosecution.

They needed that all important Deferred Prosecution Agreement!

Again Aaron Gunn, without missing a beat, was quick to point out the irony of that.
How nice. A billion-dollar corporation threatening its own country and using its employees as human shields in an attempt to avoid criminal prosecution”, before going on to say:

No one should be above the law in Canada - not even SNC-Lavalin.”

Gunn then continued:
Does he (Prime Minister Justin Trudeau) understand the gravity of what this potentially could mean? This is not just about saving jobs. This is about interfering with one of our fundamental institutions.”

This is... breaching a constitutional principle of prosecutorial independence.” BRAVO @Puglaas (Jody Wilson-Raybould) ... BRAVO!”.

The irony of this whole affair is that it has gone on for months.  Nearly all believed what Wilson-Raybould had to say, however, she was forced into the position of not being able to tell what she knew.

UNTIL TODAY!

Can the government even survive this scandal at this point? The leaked audio confirms 100% of @Puglaas' story and proves not only was she pressured, but the government lied and smeared her in an attempt to cover it up”, asked Gunn?

I find it hard to believe that Trudeau can continue.  I think he will spend the weekend trying to create a diplomatic speech where the needs of his family must come first ... that he can’t be a distraction to the conti9nuance of good government, and that because of that, he will be stepping down.

That’s what I believe will happen on Monday.

If not, and he tries to hold on until it’s too late, the Liberal Party will be wiped out in every province of Canada .... much like the Progressive Conservatives were with, and because of, Brian Mulroney.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interfor Moves Headquarters Out of BC as Forestry Crisis Continues

NDP policies are driving businesses out of B.C., and the forestry industry just suffered yet another calamity. Interfor, a BC company founded more than 60 years ago and now one of the world's largest lumber producers, is moving its headquarters from Burnaby, BC to Atlanta, Georgia. As BC’s forestry sector faces mill closures and mounting uncertainty, this move is another warning sign that the crisis is deepening and conditions are fatal. “This is the NDP’s record: endless job losses with no hope in sight for the forestry sector,” said Ward Stamer, Shadow Minister for Forestry. “Interfor still has three mills in BC which are now in serious jeopardy, and it is likely we will see even more companies pull out of BC. The NDP government is suffocating the forestry industry with high taxes, excessive regulations, and permitting delays, while DRIPA has made it impossible to plan for the future.” “Decisions like this are sadly not surprising given the NDP’s indifference if not hostility tow...

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

NDP Hypocritically Admits Natural Gas Power Was Needed All Along ~~ BC Conservatives

The NDP just got caught buying back the exact kind of power plant it spent years telling British Columbians they didn't need. The NDP government announced today that BC Hydro is purchasing the Island Generation natural gas facility in Campbell River, an admission that its electrification-only energy policy was never realistic. The 275-megawatt plant was originally privately owned yet kept to a minimal backup role under the NDP, operating just 15 days a year on average. Now, with demand outpacing what the NDP's plan can support, the government is spending taxpayer funds on the very gas capacity it once treated as obsolete. "You cannot electrify everything and pretend natural gas doesn't matter," said Larry Neufeld, Shadow Minister for Energy.  "Buying back a gas plant they once wrote off is proof their own plan couldn't keep the lights on. It's a step towards more energy reality, but the government needs to go further and scrap the impending province-w...

Labels

Show more