Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

FORSETH: Trump Derangement Syndrome --- Yes, or No? I say No.

Image Credit: The White House 

Today, I received a text message from a musician friend of mine that we’ll identify as D., who while not out and out saying so, questioned my negativity of U.S. President Donald Trump. This, is his message:

With Trump you have to ignore all legacy and social media reports - all of it is distorted by Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), a variant of the brain disease that afflicts most progressives rendering them impervious to logic, reason and empirical data.

You have to read his tweets; listen to him speak directly and listen to his press secretary. What you then find is policy positions that are quite reasonable, and which are simply his campaign platform being executed based on the strong mandate he received from the American people 10 months ago.

I challenge you Alan, a conservative, to provide one single Trump policy you disagree with and why?

To that I responded:

You won't like what I have to say, but here goes

Let's start with his initial encouragement of thugs to storm the US capitol in Washington after he lost the 2020 election; he was encouraging the overthrowing of a democratically elected government ...

In the middle we have all the individuals (all Kool-Aid drinkers to Trumps ego) who have little to no experience in their portfolios (including numerous Fox News talking heads)

He rambles inanely most days spewing out and out lies and falsehoods -- and as for his press secretary -- my name for her is Bimbo Barbie, and it is well earned

He has unfairly hit our country with punitive tariffs -- especially on our resources ... and once again illegally hit our softwood lumber with duties that are likely to finish the job of driving BC forestry into the ground


His thugs in ICE have literally kidnapped US citizens ... ripped individuals from their families ... thrown the agriculture industry into chaos ... never mind his inhuman Alligator Alcatraz 

Then there's the latest --- encouraging the State of Texas to gerrymander boundaries to favour the Republicans.

His ego knows no bounds, which is why he has surrounded himself with people who will not, under any circumstances, question what he does or says.

He is a megalomaniac ... a fascist ... a rapist ... a multi convicted criminal ... a liar and a cheat.

You will, I am certain, disagree with everything I have said, however, I remain firm in my belief he is tearing democracy apart in the USA.


It didn’t take long for D. to respond, saying:

A strong majority of Americans backed him as the best person for the job - it's his prerogative to appoint his team. They have a mandate to execute his policy which they are doing, including rooting out and cutting govt waste, deregulation, ending DEI, and deporting illegals involved in criminal activity and securing the border.

His tariff policy is principled; if you want access to the biggest and most affluent market in the world you can have it, but he wants the U.S. to have full access to yours as well.

Bimbo Barbie is misogynistic and offensive – gross - surprised you'd go there Alan


We could have continued to have this back and forth go on, but there really wasn’t going to be any changing the mind of either of us, so I let be and ended by simply saying we’d have to agree to disagree.

One thing, however, that I will never back down from is my belief that he is a vile and despicable individual ... and despite the Americans electing him, I believe they had no idea how far he was prepared to go in stoking his own ego and ramming through his agenda.

For that, I feel sorry for them.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abbotsford-Mission MLA Reann Gasper to step down for Conservative Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay to run in a by-election

Deputy Whip and MLA Reann Gasper has informed the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia of her decision to step down as MLA for Abbotsford-Mission, creating an opportunity for Conservative Party of British Columbia Leader Hon. Kerry-Lynne Findlay to seek the seat in a forthcoming by-election. Gasper said the decision was made carefully and deliberately, with the future of British Columbia firmly in mind. Abbotsford-Mission MLA Reann Gasper “This is a decision I have made after a great deal of careful consideration, and I believe it is the right decision for me, for our Party, and for the work ahead,” said MLA Gasper. “It has been a privilege to represent the people of Abbotsford-Mission, and I am deeply grateful to everyone who placed their trust in me. I am also grateful for the opportunity to serve alongside my colleagues in the Conservative Caucus and to contribute to our leadership team.” “I have confidence in Kerry-Lynne, in her leadership, and in her ability to ...

NDP Sits on $61 Million With No Start Date for Burnaby Hospital

Phase 2 of Burnaby Hospital redevelopment  was green lit to go ahead in September 2023 The NDP spent $45 million on the Burnaby Hospital redevelopment, cancelled the second phase, and now has another $61 million listed for the project in the province’s Public Accounts, with no start date for construction. If the NDP cancelled the project, what is happening to the $61 million set aside for it? The Phase 2 project was expected to cost between $1.7 billion and $1.8 billion and was intended to expand the hospital’s capacity. With Burnaby’s population growing and residents struggling to access healthcare, the government should be investing in healthcare capacity, not leaving millions of dollars tied up in limbo. “The NDP spent $45 million on this project before cancelling it, and now $61 million remains listed for it in the Public Accounts,” said MLA Misty Van Popta, Shadow Minister for Infrastructure. “If the government isn’t going to build the hospital expansion, it should explain whe...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

Labels

Show more