Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

BRIAN WILSON -- I don't want to lose what our forefathers (I really hope there's not a problem with that word) have worked so hard for. Moving forward is fine. Tearing down what's behind us is not


The root word of conservative is, of course, "conserve"...maintain and preserve what we have, and advance forward.

We all want to improve things for our kids, and all of our history and advancements have been about that. That is now somehow denigrated by those trying to rip our society apart and relegate it to the dustbin by using the word "privilege" as if it's something negative.

I don't buy it.

Despite what our opposition may say about us, we believe in diversity in thought and opinion, and sex, and race -- truly a "Big Tent", that accepts all, working towards common goals.

Equality in opportunity, not outcome ... fiscal responsibility ... respect for each and every taxpayer's dollar ... caring more about merit, than quotas. I would say it is correct when people say, "Those days are over for most" – and it started with Trudeau Senior (Pierre Elliot Trudeau).

I've never forgiven him for ruining so many great things about my country, and his son is on his way to out-doing him. Read, "The Truth About Trudeau"...a real eye-opener. "No war for oil" or "No blood for oil" - I find these catch-phrases to be a tad too simplistic.

Energy is power, and who controls the energy welds the power. Somebody's going to do it ... might as well be us in the West rather than some corrupt despot. Energy is what has given us our way of life and our standard of living ...and our power. That's why it is under attack.

I'm not worried in the least about my choosing the correct urinal. I'm worried about the creeps and perverts choosing the wrong one, and little girls being subjected to, and victimized by that.

The gist of it all is that our culture, our way of life, our standards, our heritage, our language, our history, and our "privilege" is being ripped away at, torn down, and shamed, at every turn. And none of it can be seen as an improvement, by any stretch. Many are accepting of it, like the frog in the pot on the stove, who adapts to the increasing water temperature until he boils to death.

I am not.

I don't want to lose what our forefathers (I really hope there's not a problem with that word...) have worked so hard for. Moving forward is fine. Tearing down what's behind us is not.

PS - I'm definitely a heretic when it comes to not bowing down to the "man-made global warming" religion. I don't buy it. It's an absolute scam that is all about wealth redistribution, not the environment at all. And there is plenty of evidence, scientific and otherwise, to prove that.

And with that ... Rant over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more