Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

WUN FEATHER -- Instead of making some hashtags on Social Media -- when you see or hear anything discriminatory said about someone else -- speak up!

I had a long day at work, yesterday, and then I headed out to the trap-line to check on the Black Bears. I was so busy that I never got the chance to check on my Social media. It looks like people were posting a black box (Blackout Tuesday) or something to support Black Lives Matter (BLM).  I guess that was the focus for today.

Come on people. It is 2020.

We should all be equal regardless of race, color or gender. Anyone who has ever felt the wrath of discrimination knows exactly what I mean.

I say "ALL LIVES Matter", and me saying that, is not minimizing any wrong doing that has taken place over the years.

Go ahead and challenge me on that if you feel like it. Just remember one important thing. I am an old Indian in my 60's.

Feel free to tell me how any other race in Canada has had it worse than my people. I say stop this racist talk. Stop it right now. Instead of making some hashtags on Social Media -- when you see or hear anything discriminatory said about someone else -- speak up!

I for one, am just sick and tired of this divisiveness.  I have friends of all races, all colors and all genders, who have been insulted by discriminatory comments, and it isn't very nice.

I will end this by saying that I have never seen Canadians as divided as they are now. And this devastating turn of events in the USA, is not a reason for all of us to lose control. This was a heinous act of evil and wicked violence committed by individuals against poor George Floyd. The right thing to do is to make sure that justice is served against the ones who committed the crime.

If the political leaders do not bring these people to justice, then by all means, protest the shit out of them until they are gone. But if you punish the innocent bystanders, you will never get their support.

Feel free to virtue signal by painting your house black, or whatever it is social media has convinced you to do ... and I will ask you how
much difference that made in people's lives. I suspect, not much.

As I have already said, if you want to make a difference, speak up.


About Wun Feather ... 

I am one of the last of my generation to have actually attended residential and Indian day schools. I have lived on and off reserve, and have seen the benefits and the hardships of my people in both situations.

My parents taught me that any time I fell down physically, or emotionally, I just needed to pick myself up, shake myself off, and continue in a forward direction. So, I cannot claim that I did it on my own; I had great Elders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more