Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

From Trump to Alberta, here are the five key files that will test Carney's leadership (The Tyee)


It is tempting to think that Mark Carney is something of a political superman.

In meteoric fashion, and without any political experience, he won the leadership of the Liberal party in a landslide.

Then, on a very short runway, he ran a successful national campaign that raised his moribund party from the dead. It was the equivalent of hitting a home run in his first at-bat in the bigs ...

... but can Superman scale the tall building of actually governing — with all its problems and pitfalls both foreseen and unexpected? ...

CLICK HERE for the full story

Comments

Labels

Show more