Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

LEAH McCULLOCH: I believe firmly that this party is the only chance BC has for honest, righteous government and I look forward to watching it all unfold


Tonight, comes word from Leah McCulloch, who was a candidate for the BC Conservative Party in the 2017 provincial election, in the riding of Courtenay-Comox – someone many were hoping would consider running to become leader of the Conservatives.
 
2017 Courtenay-Comox BC Conservative candidate Leah McCulloch
As one of only 10 candidates the party ran last May, McCulloch garnered a respectable 2,061 votes.  Asked why she ran for public office for the very first time she said she decided to run because she was sick of watching what Christy Clark’s BC Liberals were doing to the province.
 
And as to criticism she cost the BC Liberals the riding? 

“They think they would have won the riding if there hadn’t been a Conservative candidate on the ballot. They’re probably right, but they have only themselves to blame, not me”, she stated.

“I have no regrets. I ran because I wanted to hold the Liberals accountable and now that’s exactly what’s happening”, she continued

For someone who did not believe that the government was being accountable to the people of BC, and particularly in her own riding, she ran for the right reasons – and she did it on her own dime as the party did not have the financial resources to support candidates last time out.

That however will change, and that is a story for another day.  Here’s Leah’s message, first to me, followed by her message to all supporters:

Hi Alan!

Well...at long last the answer.  Below is the message I just sent out to all my supporters.  No, I won't be running (see below) but I have a lot to say!!!!  If you feel like connecting please let me know.

Thanks!
Leah





Hello Everyone.

As you may know the BC Conservative Party is beginning a leadership race which will conclude in Feb 2019.

Many of you are asking me whether I will be running for the leadership of this provincial party.  I have thought very carefully and prayerfully about this for the last year and a half.  

It was my intention to run.  

It has been deep on my heart and conscience all this time, but it was the Lord who brought me into politics for His purpose, and I was waiting on confirmation and leading.  This week in prayer God very clearly told me that this is not for me, and He is raising up someone else for this position.

Honestly, I am sad and relieved at the same time.  I am well aware of the important work that needs to be done. However, He has given me another task I need to do starting immediately which I am very excited about!


I stand 100% with the BC Conservative party, I believe firmly that this party is the only chance BC has for honest, righteous government and I look forward to watching it all unfold. 


The many things He spoke to me during the campaign and after gave me an understanding that it is URGENT that the BC Conservatives regroup and rebuild under a new leader.  That, indeed, the future of our province and country are at stake. 

It will take a person of great courage and integrity...if you know someone tell them to step up!!!

I will support the new leader in any way I can.  

God bless you all; thank you for all you are doing.

Leah McCulloch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

Labels

Show more