Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

MILOBAR: British Columbia needs a plan

Yes, I’m ready to lead on Day One. Not only because I hold a seat in the legislature, which is important, but because the days following winning the election are critically important to the survival of our province. 

You may have seen a poll lately that shows that I am the only leadership candidate who will form a majority government and defeat the NDP. I’m humbled to hear that.

Rather than get complacent, I'm reminded of the responsibility I bear to you, and to every British Columbian. Seeing that poll reminds me that simply winning this leadership race, and even becoming Premier, isn’t good enough.

Because British Columbians like you deserve more than just a Conservative government. You deserve a Conservative government with a plan for the future, and that’s exactly what my message today is all about.

The first 100 days will be critical when conservatives like you and I win back our government. We will have to move FAST, with determination, confidence and disciplined execution to turn this government around and restore BC.

I want to share with you my plan to do just that. Here’s what you can expect in the first 100 days of a Peter Milobar led BC Conservative government in Victoria.

➤
STEP 1: Immediately and without hesitation, REPEAL DRIPA for good.

British Columbia has a long and proud tradition of fairness, hard work, and building bridges. When DRIPA is eliminated for good, I’ll lead our province to a future where everyone has an opportunity to start a business, develop a resource, and contribute to the economy, freely, openly, and respectfully.

All with made-in-BC solutions – because we knew how to do business right in this province long before DRIPA.

➤
STEP 2: Introduce legislation to Protect and Strengthen Private Property Rights.

I will direct my government to defend your home and property at all costs, even if it means going all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada. Never again will your investment, your home, and your legacy be on the menu for prying special interests.

➤
STEP 3: I will unleash the power of British Columbia’s natural resource sector.

Under my watch, my government will conduct a complete overhaul on permitting processes. 

When a mining or forestry company wants to do business in BC, they’ll have a clear roadmap to do so. That means: Hard caps on permitting timelines, and a promise to our resource sector that a permit filed is a permit honoured – no moving regulatory targets. 

When my government says we’re serious about approving new mines, I mean it. And we’ll prove it with the action necessary to back it up, and get projects built. 

➤
STEP 4: Aggressively slash red tape across the board and bring in tax reforms to kick-start the BC economy.

To ignite private sector activity and spur investment from small businesses and large projects – create prosperity and jobs – I will direct my cabinet to ruthlessly hunt down burdensome regulations strangling our economy and eliminate them. I’ll review every job-killing tax on the books and ensure that British Columbia is the most tax competitive jurisdiction in Canada. 

➤
STEP 5: Create a disciplined fiscal framework for government to rein in spending and make the public service work as efficiently as possible.

It’s time to run the provincial government the way a business would be — with efficiency, value and productivity in mind. That means making difficult decisions that will track down inefficiencies in bureaucracy and address them, crack down on mismanaged bureaucracy and get the best out of our public service, cap departmental spending, and ensure that taxpayers get maximum value for their hard-earned dollars.

➤
STEP 6: Push through public safety directives to bring real consequences for criminals into the criminal justice system.

I will direct a new BC Conservative Attorney General to ensure that violent criminals and drug dealers are confronted to the full extent of the law and pay for the damage that they’ve done to victims of crime and society at large. BC will be a province of law and order again. 


It seems that folks know that I’m ready to lead the province on day one ... and I’m honoured and appreciative of their confidence in me.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more