Skip to main content

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ~~ John G. Diefenbaker

ADAM OLSEN - Writing has become an important part of my daily routine but I will need to make a few adjustments as I look to manage a larger workload



Please note ... this is an amalgamation of two separate blog posts from Adam Olsen ... one from December 29th, and the other from today, January 1st, 2020


For those of you who have been following my daily blogging for the past year ... Thank you!

2019 was an incredible year. It was a year of learning and growth where some things were done well, and some things were done less well.

I'm so thankful to have a loving and supportive family, to work side-by-side with an incredible team of passionate people, and to have the honour of representing an animated and engaged constituency.

I am excited about the year ahead and resolve to:
1.   Seek advice from people with diverse opinions and perspectives,
2.   Ask difficult questions respectfully,
3.   Lead courageously,
4.   Remain balanced - attentive to my personal physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, and
5.   Laugh more!

Now, I've begun to slowly turn my mind to what is next.

Shortly, I will be assuming the responsibility of the office of the BC Green Party leader. It's a short-lived post as we will elect a new leader at the end of June.

Nevertheless, there is a lot to do between now and then.


I've learned from my experience with each session in the Legislature that bad habits begin to creep in when my daily burden increases. It's easy to shake off the morning walk because of a drenching downpour, exhaustion justifies skipping the evening yoga practice, while back-to-back meetings disrupt healthy eating habits.

Adding work cannot be at the expense of wellness.

Writing has become an important part of my daily routine but I will need to make a few adjustments as I look to manage a larger workload. 

I'm going to try to continue to post to my blog a few times per week. So, I might not blog daily but I'll continue to share my experience as an MLA, and now the interim-leader of the BC Greens, as often as possible in 2020.

Thank you for joining me on this journey!


Adam Olsen (SȾHENEP) loves his job as the Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Saanich North and the Islands; he was first elected in May 2017. Born in Victoria, BC in 1976, Adam has lived, worked and played his entire life on the Saanich Peninsula. He is a member of Tsartlip First Nation (W̱JOȽEȽP), where he and his wife, Emily, are raising their two children, Silas and Ella.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okanagan Farmers Face NDP-Created Water Crisis ~~ BC Conservatives

Okanagan farmers are facing a water crisis as government-imposed restrictions threaten to kill their crops and destroy one of B.C.’s most important agricultural industries. In perhaps the most water-rich province in the country, our farmers have been left high and dry by the NDP government. For nine weeks, Okanagan and Shuswap farmers have proposed solutions, only to be met with NDP foot-dragging. Now forest fires have come to these regions as they are simultaneously reckoning with a water crisis that has been made worse through years of government inaction. Vernon-area farms have lost 70 percent of their water, while Kelowna and Summerland growers face severe restrictions. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue. Ian Paton, Shadow Minister for Agriculture, said the NDP is once again forcing farmers to pay for its own failure to plan. "Farmers and ranchers must be listened to when decisions affecting their livelihoods are made, and under the NDP, they aren’t," said...

BC Conservatives Point to Warning Signs in BC’s Economy

While Canada posted modest job gains in July, warning lights are still flashing in British Columbia. Youth unemployment remains stubbornly high, leaving too many first-time jobseekers shut out of the workforce. BC also lost 3,400 public administration jobs in July, likely as temporary Census positions ended. “BC's jobs divide remains stark. Unemployment is far higher in business-driven communities like Kelowna (9.3%) and Abbotsford-Mission (8.3%) than in Victoria (5.0%). Government should be focused on creating the conditions for private-sector investment and job growth,” said Gavin Dew, MLA for Kelowna-Mission and Shadow Minister for Economic Development. “We need an economy where young people can find work, businesses can hire, and every region has the opportunity to prosper.” This comes as BC faces five straight quarters where more businesses are closing than opening, an NDP cabinet rift over job-creating projects like Tilbury LNG, and fresh signs that even the province's to...

FORSETH: That, to me, sure seems to fit with narcissistic personality disorder – AND - a definite sense of self entitlement

I think most people are aware of why England’s Henry the 8th created the Church of England. It was out of a belief that he should be able to do anything he wanted. And what did he want?  It was a male heir that would follow him and, at his death, become the next King of England.   His marriage to Catherine had not produced one, so he demanded the Pope to allow him to divorce her.  The Pope of course refused so Henry created his own church, and declared himself the "Supreme Head of the Church of England", thereby allowing him to annul the marriage. In other words, he wanted his own way, and because he had the ultimate power in England, he forced his will over the church. Many (most?) would say people suffer like that from 'narcissistic personality disorder'. The Mayo Clinic says, “ People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are e...

Labels

Show more